Saturday 13 June 2015

Hello Sir, How are you? I am calling from Ikoyi Prisons

One guy caught my attention this morning!! At exactly 8:59 am, my phone rang, “hello, how are you sir, my name is ……. calling from Ikoyi Prisons….
In July 2012, One NGO hired us to facilitate training on Skills Acquisition Program for the inmates at Ikoyi prisons and I handled Web Design Class. Even Akolade Arowolo - the guy that was accused of killing his wife was in my class. Two of them came out last year and they do come to my office from time to time.

I got a call this morning from a guy that claimed he was at Ikoyi Prisons and at that moment he has just been discharged but he has nothing on him (money) to get to his house at AJ City. To me, the call was not too strange because I was there before.

Like how much? I asked. Send me N500 recharge card. I said okay, let me see what I can do. After he dropped, my mind told me to speak to the Prison Warder (He told me that the phone he is using is the Warder's phone) I then called back and told him that I want to speak to the Prison Warder. He said he will flash me back and I will call him.

I had deep thought, does it mean that this guy does not have a relation who can come to the prison to take him home?

He called back and change voice and claimed to be the Warder. And I asked him, "Does it mean that this guy does not have any relation that can take him home? He started by saying, "you know all these boys". From the conversation, I detected that it is the same guy. From the way he spoke, I knew he is not a Warder. He did not speak like somebody with authority.


Oh my God this is another style of fraud. Please I will like to hear from you on the comment box below. Do you think this person really went to prison and he is out?

No comments:

Post a Comment