Thursday 19 March 2015

Buhari vows to rescue Chibok girls if elected

Muhammadu Buhari, presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), says he will do all it takes to rescue the abducted Chibok schoolgirls as well as tackle corruption and insecurity in the country if elected president.

Speaking at a town hall meeting in Abuja on Wednesday, Buhari accused the federal government of lacking the sincerity of purpose required to tackle the problem of insecurity in the northeast.

He assured the people that his administration would marshal out plans that will end insurgency and ethno-religious violence in the country. “I have had the opportunity to serve my country in the military up to the highest level, as a major general and as commander-in-chief of the armed forces.

In the course of my service, I defended the territorial integrity of Nigeria and if called upon to do so again, I shall rise to the occasion,” he said. “As a father, I feel the pain of the victims of insurgency, kidnapping and violence. Under my watch, no force, external or internal, will occupy even an inch of Nigerian soil.

I will give it all it takes to ensure that our girls kidnapped from Chibok are rescued and reintegrated with their families.”

Speaking on the challenge of corruption and how he intends to face it, the APC presidential candidate said that the scourge could only be tackled if leaders lead by example. He promised to show example in the war against corruption and also hold all the people who work with him to account.

Source: TheCableNG


No comments:

Post a Comment